What is Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery?
Who is an Maxillofacial surgeon?
One who is specialized in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and deals with surgeries involving oral and maxillofacial region like:
- Extraction of Badly damaged and broken teeth
- Impacted wisdom tooth surgeries
- Fractures of the facial bones and other injuries to the face (maxillofacial trauma)
- Orthognathic surgery (i.e.,Correction of deformities of jaw and facial bones, cosmetic surgeries etc)
- Infections, Cysts and tumors of the oro facial region
- Cleft lip and palate
- Biopsies in the oral and facial region
- Cancers of the oral and maxillofacial region
- Temperomandibular joint surgeries
- Rhinoplasty (cosmetic nose surgery)
- Dental Implants