- Tourists wishing to visit India will normally be granted Tourist Visa, effective from the date of issue. Tourist Visa is non-extendible and non-convertible. Travel Agents who have to visit India frequently may be granted tourist Visa for a longer duration
- Business Visa is normally granted for 3 or 6 months. However, multiple-entry Business Visa for up to 2 years validity may be granted to technicians/experts going to India in pursuance of bilateral agreements or joint venture projects having government approval.
- Student and Employment Visa Student Visa can be obtained on furnishing proof of admission to recognized Universities/Institutions in India. Employment Visa can also be obtained on furnishing of proof of employment with companies in India.
- Transit Visa are valid for halts of up to 72 hours in India within 15 days from the date of issue of the visa and must be obtained before departure. Transit Visa cannot be obtained from immigration counters at ports of entry in India. Evidence of onward travel to a destination outside India is required.
- Entry Visa are issued to persons of Indian origin for a duration of up to 5 years. These can be obtained, depending on the purpose of visit and eligibility, on a case by case basis.