Today’s busy dental practices face a serious challenge: patient safety. Effective and efficient infection control in the dental clinics is essential for the safety of patients.
At FMS, sterilization begins right from our door step. The OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) rules and regulations for sterilization and infection control have been formulated as a universal standard to be followed in all our hospitals.
- Each branch has its own sterilization unit with Class B Autoclaves, Doc Autoclaves, Ultrasonic cleaners and washers, Fumigators, Formaldehyde Chambers, Cassettes and Steripouches for instrument packing and also dedicated personnel for sterilization.
- We use maximum disposables in every procedure to ensure the safety of our patients.
- Infection control programs include the cleaning and sterilization of reusable dental instruments and devices.
- Assurance of sterility of instruments and devices are obtained with Chemical Indicators and Biological monitoring.
- All FMS Dental Centers are designed in such a way that, a designated area for instrument reprocessing is earmarked, that is separate from the dental treatment room.