What is Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery?
It is a dental speciality which deals with the surgery of maxillofacial region – mouth, face and facial bones, neck etc
Who is an Maxillofacial surgeon?
One who is specialized in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and deals with surgeries involving oral and maxillofacial region like:
- Extraction of Badly damaged and broken teeth
- Impacted wisdom tooth surgeries
- Fractures of the facial bones and other injuries to the face (maxillofacial trauma)
- Orthognathic surgery (i.e.,Correction of deformities of jaw and facial bones, cosmetic surgeries etc)
- Infections, Cysts and tumors of the oro facial region
- Cleft lip and palate
- Biopsies in the oral and facial region
- Cancers of the oral and maxillofacial region
- Temperomandibular joint surgeries
- Rhinoplasty (cosmetic nose surgery)
- Dental Implants